Posted at 05:36h
in Past Events
Traditional Cuban dances from the world famous Eric Turro Martinez - Cuba’s King of Dance. Beginning on February 13th, lessons will be taking place at the Watergardens Hotel in the Lineal Room from 6.30pm.
$15 Per person. FIRST LESSON IS FREE
Bookings are essential.
Who is Eric Turro Martinez?
Eric is the only Cuban international performer that has officially worked with the highest Cuban authority in Australia, the Cuban embassy in Canberra.
In Australia Eric with his wife and dance partner Chantal Turro, have been part of the most prestigious festivals such;
· Womad festival
· Adelaide Festival
· September festival
· Cuban Jazz festival
· Byron Bay festival
· Melbourne's Johnston Street Latin festival
· Bondi Latin festival
· Canberra Multicultural festival
· Salsa solo competition
Touring with the greatest Cuban bands such:
· Los Van Van Australian tour in 2010
· Afro Cuban all Star tour in 2011
· Performance with the Ballet National De Cuba and Contemporary Dance.
· Performance with the Vocal Quintet “Sampling”
Eric has also worked with Havana Club as part of the promotion of the Cuban culture in Australia.
Havana Club were searching for an authentic representative of the culture in Australia and naturally the Cuban Master is as authentic as they come....